Sorry if any of you have already done it! If you’re listed, the steps are:
- Thank the award giver and link back to them in your post.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Pass this award along to 15 other bloggers.
- Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
Now for the seven facts about me…let’s see…
1. I lead something of a double life.
My job and my personal life see a weird amount of crossover. Sometimes people will tweet me at my personal account and then tweet the company I work for’s account completely unaware that they’re both me. And they never know.
2. Most of my friends are buying engagement rings and baby clothes, I’m buying domain names.
I have a growing addiction. This time last year I think I had about five, now it’s more like 25. Nowhere near at the levels of your average domainer, but still a lot considering they are almost all developed. And no offence to my friends who have or are having kids, but I’d prefer to have the domains at this point! None of them have much (if any) value purely as names, but I’ve always been more about the site than the name anyway.
3. I originally planned to do a Master’s degree in Forensic Linguistics.
Then I decided I wanted to do a digital Master’s. Now I’ve decided that a BA is definitely all the education I need and I much prefer to be working, being independent and making money instead. I no longer need to use my education as a means of justifying and proving myself, which is very liberating. And I’m a lot more anti-university than I used to be.
4. When I was eleven, my school teacher wrote on my report:
‘Jennifer gets frustrated when other people don’t reach her high standards’. Very perceptive, and even more true today unfortunately! Some people see it as a negative thing, I see it as room for potential
5. I don’t have many regrets, but my biggest…
…is probably neglecting my websites so much whilst I was in university. I’ve never seen the levels of traffic that I had back then. But on the plus side, I’m earning more. I could have invented something really good, or at least maintained the popularity that this site used to have. I’m not sure uni was worth the payoff.
6. I don’t care about my appearance.
I’ve never dyed my hair or had a single piercing. I generally always look scruffy, and I barely ever wear makeup. I found a receipt the other day from my last haircut and was shocked to find out it was actually two years ago (!!) Moisturise face, brush hair is my daily beauty regime. And recently I’ve been pretty slack on the moisturising thing. Showers are ten minutes long at the very most – I just don’t have the time.
7. I never knew what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I realise now that’s because it hadn’t been invented at the time. Now I’m doing what I was born to do and I love it; I feel so lucky.
Ok, now it’s your turn to list a fact or three about yourself in the comments!